Yes, we’ve heard so much about how Buffalo doesn’t utilize its waterfront as well as it could. And while it’s true that the situation is still improving, the Erie Canal Harbor Development Corporation has added MORE activities to its already impressive list of things to do down there, so you don’t have an excuse to spend so little time on Lake Erie.
Not only do they offer concerts, festivals, and various other special events, but the ECHDC has announced upcoming lecture series detailing epic storms, shipwrecks, and lighthouses, as well as sunset celebrations. There will also be musical theater and plays, beginner and intermediate level yoga classes, more live music performances, and the Theatre Alliance of Buffalo will provide entertainment.
Check out the additional schedule elements:
- August 15 and September 12: Buffalo Weather Experience Center Lecture
- Every Sunday through August 30: Intermediate and beginner yoga
- August 21: Canal Connections! By the Theatre Alliance of Buffalo
- August 28, 29, 30: Clinton’s Ditch: The Story of the Building of the Erie Canal
- Every Friday and Saturday evening through September 5: Sunset Celebrations (in the Naval Park)
- August 5 and 19: Wednesdays on the Waterfront live music series on the USS Little Rock
- September 7: Fleet Feet/USA Masters 15K Road Race (pre-register here)
Looks like there’s plenty more great activities to keep us occupied this summer!
(cover photo: Courtesy Erie Canal Harbor)